The opera at the cinema: operas from the world’s greatest theatres on the big screen at the Cineworld in Cagliari
The Cineworld, the multi-screen in viale Monastir in Cagliari, the company Microcinema live and the Teatro Lirico di Cagliari set up a collaboration in October 2009. Operas from the world’s greatest theatres will be shown live or recorded, thanks also to the support of Rai Trade cameras, with the aim to reach all types of public, celebrating the cultural value of opera music.
The events programme beginning with Simon Boccanegra and Falstaff by Verdi, is followed by Carmen by Bizet, opening opera at the Teatro alla Scala which was also “sold out” at the cinema, and then by Salome by Strauss, which opened the Opera Season in Bologna on 16th January.
Upcoming appointments are:
- Tuesday 9th February, Aida by Giuseppe Verdi (conductor Riccardo Chailly, production Franco Zeffirelli, recorded at production the Teatro alla Scala in Milano);
- Tuesday 23rd February, Tosca by Giacomo Puccini (conductor Daniel Oren, production Hugo de Ana, recorded at the Arena di Verona);
- Tuesday 9th March, Nabucco by Giuseppe Verdi (conductor Daniel Oren, production Denis Krief, recorded at the Arena di Verona);
- Tuesday 23rd March, La sonnambula by Vincenzo Bellini (conductor Maurizio Benini, production Hugo de Ana, recorded at the Teatro Lirico di Cagliari);
- Monday 12th April, Die Entführung aus dem Serail by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (conductor Ivor Bolton, production Christof Loy, live from the Gran Teatre del Liceu, Barcellona);
- Thursday 29th April, Simon Boccanegra by Giuseppe Verdi (conductor Daniel Baremboim, production Federico Tiezzi, live from the Teatro alla Scala di Milano);
- Tuesday 11th May, Don Giovanni by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (conductor Bertrand de Billy, production Claus Guth, recorded at the Salzburg Festival);
- Wednesday 26th May, Das Rheingold by Richard Wagner (conductor Daniel Baremboim, production Guy Cassiers, live from the Teatro alla Scala di Milano);
- Tuesday 9th June, Rigoletto by Giuseppe Verdi (conductor Massimo Zanetti, production Stefano Vizioli, recorded at the Teatro Regio di Parma).
The operas will always be shown, at 8pm in Sala 8, which has 350 seats appoxiamtely and has an eccellently clear sound thanks to the pentamplification system, the only in Italy.
Tickets: € 12,00 (full); € 10,00 (reduced for Teatro Lirico di Cagliari Season Ticket holders).
For booking and information: Cineworld multisala, viale Monastir 128, Cagliari; everyday from 4.30pm, telephone 0702086096; www.cineworld.info.
|Copyright \A9 2007 - Teatro Lirico di Cagliari Fondazione - P.IVA 00156220923 - All rights reserved
Powered by Softfobia
|Informazioni legali Crediti|